Monday, February 9, 2009

Slim Squeezings.

John Derbyshire, in his last Radio Derb, had a brilliant introduction for a program in which he didn't know what to say. He said it was a dozer of a week and he would try his hardest to squeeze something out of it to talk about.

I feel the same way about my day today. So I will revert to random thought mode, in bullit form, which I will refer to as slim squeezings:

  • Tony's shoe came off. Something that happens all the time, but not because he wants to throw it at some Chinese dictator or his parents. The shoes come off because he does not wear shoes well. Today, he tried to put the shoe back on for the first time in front of me.
  • When I arrived home today. Tony handed me a hand held video game.
  • My Chinese wife baked a cake, brilliantly.
  • I am reading Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged, and The Reader's Digest's Life of Jesus. I found the book about Jesus in our school library. It is a cool anthology with great photos and interesting poetry.
  • As I type, men I don't know are making noise with pyrotechnics to scare away evil spirits, but are instead annoying me.
  • I am thinking of using twitter as a way of chronicling my fictional conquering of Upper Delinga: Gateway to the Lower Middle Anthonies.
  • I have a hankering to see a compilation of all Astaire - Rogers dance routines.
  • Ideologues are apparently with no life. Not that I would be one of those. Perish the thought.
  • None of the Australians at our school are from the Melbourne area. But they have told me some details about the fires. The tree leaves in the affected area are highly flammable. The temperatures are in the forties. A lot of people like to have their house in the bush. Okay, if you want isolation; but dangerous in time of wildfire. A famous news reader and his wife were killed, I have heard.
  • None of the students seemed excited at all about the Lantern Festival. One for example said that she wasn't going to bed early tonight because school was starting tomorrow.
  • I had a student tell me that he would take a date to a hotel. The first time any student has ever told me in the four years I have been at the school.
  • Obama is as bad as I thought he would be. Not only has he not transcended anything, reality is hitting him harder than ever before in his unproductive life.
  • Oh geez. Another of my videos has been blocked because of copyright infringement. Oh well.
  • I got nothing else to say.

No comments: