Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wuxi Water Crisis. I buy a new phone.

My wife is going to Nanjing for a week because of the smell of the water.  Is the water bad in Nanjing?  Apparently not.  Also, I have been told the water in Suzhou is not bad.

Today, the wife and I went to the McDonald's on Zhongshan Road: the main drag of Wuxi.  McDonald's was selling Coke and Sprite in cans. (a 355 ml can counts as a medium drink)  While we were there, a shipment of Coke in cans was being taken to the back by McDonald's staff.  Never, ever, I have seen cans being sold in McDonald's.  It is scary to think that they had been using tap water with their fountain soft drinks.

The wife and I went shopping for a phone and we ended up buying a Nokia 6085, a flip/clam-shell model with MP3 player, video camera, USB connectivity, and 1 gb memory for 1300 rmb.  I immediately phoned the King to test the conversation hearing level and I am happy to report it is excellent.

No comments: