Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Wuxi WAFD act of driving.

Wuxi Drivers are bad.  There is just no way to sugar coat it.  Anyone, who pleads cultural differences as a defense, would say someone defending their life is violating the right of another person to practice their cultural norms of murder and torture.

Thursday evening, I was walking, down Renmin Road in the direction of Xihui Park, with the wife when I saw one of the worst act of sidewalk driving I had ever seen.   A car made a left turn from Jie Fang onto the sidewalk along Renmin Road at a good rate of  speed, honking his horn of course.  If anyone had been on the sidewalk they would have been dead meat.

Seeing this, I thought to myself:  " What a......"

I then saw the car very quickly leave the sidewalk and get onto Renmin Road which made it seem inexplicable to turn right onto the sidewalk in the first place.  But then I looked at the lights.  The driver was facing a red right turn signal.  To get around not being able to make a right turn onto Renmin Road at that instant, the driver decided that a right turn onto a sidewalk was not violating the no right turn signal!

No comments: