Monday, May 28, 2007

Waiting in line at the Bank.

The Wife and I went to the Bank of China near the intersection of Zhongshan and Renmin Road.  We took a number and waited.  The wife pulled number 69.  The current number being served was 52.  For five minutes, the line was going smoothly, the display screen telling us every 30 seconds or so that a new customer could be served.  Then it was number 66's turn to be next.  The number 66 waited for nearly fifteen minutes.  I could not understand what the Chinese customers in the bank were saying, completely.  I could detect from their posture and restlessness that like me they were wondering what the hell was going on.  A Chinese customer and I exchanged knowing looks of frustration.  The bank eventually brought out two more bank clerks to serve us or we would have waited for another 30 minutes.

No comments: