Sunday, May 27, 2007

Thirty Years of Star Wars.

When the first Star Wars film came out thirty years ago, there were stories of people going to watch it 20 or 30 times.  I remember going to see it four times in a theatre.  The first time, my father took the sister and I to a theatre in Brandon, Manitoba to watch it.  The second time, my cousin Gundega took me to watch it in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  The third time, the family went to see it in a theatre at CFB Gagetown, New Brunswick.  The fourth time was in Brandon Manitoba when I saw it as part of a double bill with The Empire Strikes back.  I remember taking my brother Ron for the double bill. 

Before I had seen the film, I had bought a novel written from the movie in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  I don't know what happened to the novel.  Collector's item?

My mouth is agape to think I have memories of thirty year old events.  I am almost as old as His majesty.  Very scary thought.

Here is Marc Steyn's (the best damn columnist, period) writing about the film.

No comments: