Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A new blog title banner.

I do like the look of this blog page now. It is simple and uncluttered which to me seems to more user friendly than Andis Kaulins in China 1. The font I am using does look academic and thoughtful (I shudder to use the word intellectual to describe it).

I am still working on a satisfactory blog banner. The banner above featuring the chopsticks and knife, fork, spoon is an improvement over the banner which featured the Canadian, Chinese and Latvian flag. But I don't think I have spaced the lettering with the utensils well. The fork distracts from the blog description on the right.

I have thought to put in other symbols in the banner like hockey sticks, the Great Wall, dragons and the Double Happiness Symbol. While the Great Wall is a symbol of China it is not a symbol that I should use since I have only been to the Wall twice. Dragons and Hockey Sticks aren't what I am about either. The Chinese Double Happiness symbol will be incorporated into other blog banner designs I have in mind. That is a symbol I can entitle myself to use because I am married to a Chinese babe. The symbol does not fit in the above banner. I think I will incorporate it in my next design.

No comments: