Tuesday, May 8, 2007

May 10 We learn Boy or Girl. Descartes' Discourse on the Method.

Jenny has a doctor's appointment on May 10.  We will learn if the baby will be a Tina or Anthony.

Tonight, I will read passages from Rene Descartes' Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting the Reason and Seeking for Truth in the Sciences to my wife's tummy.  I have given up trying to tell our child stories.  I can't bloody remember the exact details of stories like Goldilocks and the Three Bears for example.  Last night, I read a column from Florence King's STET Damnit!!. I want the child to grow up a stern conservative with foots in no one's camp.  I figure by reading Descartes to the child in a kindly tone, the child will have the patience to explain to me what Descartes was getting at.

No comments: