Thursday, May 31, 2007

Back to work and stories of water.

The Wuxi Water Crisis broke on my days off.  Now, I am back to work, I will have more stories to tell.

Bradley tells me that the Muslim noodle restaurants are charging 1 rmb extra on all meals because they have to pay for their bottled water.  A few days ago, I did express concern about going to those hole-in-the-wall places to eat.

Emily, a student who lives in Hui Shan where we are moving next year, says her water is okay.  They don't get their water from Tai Hu.  Good sign for property values there.

Miriam, a HyLite trainer, tells me she is showering with spring water.  She felt and smelt funny after taking a shower in stinky water.

One of the vice mayors of Wuxi, a student at our school, has been said to have had no sleep the last three days doing whatever she could about the problem.

No comments: