Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pineapple Beer. Good Boy. Madness.

An emailer asked me about Pineapple Beer. And so I have decided to publish photos of the stuff in my blog. In the photo below you can see two cans of the beverage. The blue can can be purchased at Carrefour. The yellow can can be purchased in Yangqiao.

In the next photo, you can see I have opened one of the cans and poured it into a glass. Notice how it has the same color as normal beer. I have no idea was the alcohol content, if any, of this pinneapple beer is. But I like drinking a cold pineapple beer when I come home from a hard day of talking my head off. This beer doesn't taste as sweet as juice but is not as bitter as normal beer. I have grown to like it.


Tony was a good boy today. At least, that is what Jenny told me. He behaved well and ate lots of fruit, she said.

I lay with Tony tonight as he went to sleep. It was a nice moment for me to see the little guy sit still and stare off into space. I asked him what he was thinking, knowing darn well that he couldn't answer, but hopefully I asked him in a tone that suggested sympathy.


A student told me that reading the news, the media here provides him with, requires deciphering. He told me a conclusion about a recent event that he had deciphered. I told him his conclusion was readily reported in the Western media.



What is madness? Am I mad? I am afraid not. Try as I might, I just can't pull it off. I don't believe in anything I do. To be mad, one has to possess absolute certainty.

No comments: