Saturday, April 18, 2009

Chinese Students Stanley Cup Playoff Prediction.

Last night, I asked my English Corner to make predictions about the NHL playoffs. None of the students are hockey fans. I have only met one person from Wuxi who follows the NHL (she is a Red Wings fan). Still, I asked the students for predictions. I got them to predict match up winners based on team nicknames. Using this unscientific approach based on complete ignorance of the actual teams and players, the students made a plausible prediction. They say the Detroit Red Wings (number two seed in the West) will beat the New Jersey Devils (number three seed in the East) in the Stanley Cup Final. They have the Black Hawks losing out to the Red Wings in the Western conference final. The Devils defeat the Flyers in the Eastern Final.

No comments: