Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tony is Eleven months old! Happy Birthday Dad!


  • Tony is eleven months old today. He was watching the Teletubbies last night. I had never seen him sit quietly in one spot for so long. I watched along with him and was transfixed as well. The show was mind-numbing. I don't know what else I can say.
  • I almost forgot. It is my father's birthday today. Happy Birthday Dad! Now I know what you went through raising me.
  • I will busy the next few days. I have two company classes to do and we have a field trip on Friday that doesn't seem like it will be relaxing at all. We will be going to Zhejiang province to see a bamboo forest. Start time for the trip: 700 AM which means a 500 AM arising for me.

  • This is my second most watched WTU ever, already.

  • Now solves an existential crisis like having children. Or at least it should, now that I suddenly recall people for who that sentence doesn't apply.

  • How is Tony going to end up? If he goes to seed as a child or adult, I hope it won't be because of a lack of trying on my part. But, he will be what he will be and I don't know how much effect I can have on that. I hope I am not blind to his faults. I don't want to end up like those insufferable parents who don't believe their child can do wrong. I also don't want to be one of parents who dump their children anywhere so as to not have to look after them. One of the most influential thinkers on the modern everyday thought of man, Jean Jacques Rousseau who wrote treatises on Education and the Noble Savage put his five children in an orphanage in a move that surely should have disqualified everything he said or did. But the thought patterns he spawned still effect us though many people don't it.

  • It is 716 AM, and the heat from the outside already seems unbearable.

  • McCain will pick his Vice Presidential running mate this week, or so rumour has it. But really will it make any difference? The Republicans who should have been nominated may not want to do anything with McCain. They can't take over the ticket.

  • Bus or Bike today? It looks like I will be taking the bus. It would be nice if I could get a seat but it don't look like today is going to be my day.

  • To put diapers on Tony means to wrestle him. I can't beat him sometimes. He is like a 30 pound jumping bean.

No comments: