Monday, July 14, 2008

Power Failure. T-shirts.

An intense thunderstorm yesterday afternoon caused a power failure in the apartment. Not having any air-conditioning, the Kaulins family went to downtown Wuxi and hung out in a mall.

I have noticed the following t-shirt fashions in Wuxi: I love China t-shirts and Couples wearing the same t-shirt design. I noticed the former fashion in Shanghai first and it has now trickled into Wuxi. The design is similar to the famous I love NY t-shirt. However, the heart bears the five stars of the current PRC Communist China flag. Too political for a foreigner to wear. A variation of the I Love China t-shirt has the simple sentence posted on the front. However, the back of the t-shirt shows a map of China with the slogan "One China!". Couples wearing the same t-shirt is not a new custom but I have lately been seeing a few bold designs for lovers to wear. One design I think is striking bears the sentence "Falling in love" on both shirts. The female's shirt below has another sentence saying "He is my boyfriend" with an arrow pointing to the side; the male's shirt of course says the opposite.

No comments: