Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Change in Plans...... Again!

I, by our school president, was told that a plan that the School had to teach a company class was set in stone so I went and changed the Foreign Trainer's weekly schedule, switching their days off and so on. I thank the trainers who said they would work seven days in a row because of the switches. So I submitted the new schedule to the booking girl last week. I plan the schedule two weeks ahead of time.

Yesterday, a wrench, as the expression goes, was thrown into my plans or scheduling. What had been set in a stone a week earlier had been changed and the new changes were to be enacted next week. So, all the changes I had made were unnecessary and I will switch the trainers' days off back to what they were before.

Every day of the past week has seen something happen that meant I have to quickly redo a schedule. First, it was a sick trainer who took two days off. Secondly, there is a vice mayor of Wuxi who can book classes anytime she wants and we have to bend over to satisfy her and make other arrangements for classes that had been booked a week in advance by normal students. There is a summer school program starting next week which they also told me about yesterday. And then there was yesterday's last minute change of change of plan. Having been in my job for over a year, I can tell you that it is nothing out of the normal for the Chinese management to tell you things at the last minute.

On top of that, I have staffing problems. I am having a hard time finding teachers to work here. I have had to rely on the regulars and the oldsters to work overtime to deal with our heavy summer workload of students who need to be babysat. But with a little luck, my problems may be solved by tomorrow.

On the great side of things, I arrived home yesterday and my son Tony ran to greet me. It is the little moments that make my life worth living.

No comments: