Friday, July 18, 2008

Early morning trip to Carrefour.

I took the bike to work this morning. I wanted to get the cheese I talked about in my last posting. My wife found some but it was the sharp cheddar that really is not the ideal for pizza. I took matters into my own hands and left half-an-hour early to shop at Carrefour before going to work this morning.

Now I am at school. I made such good time that I can make a blog entry before I teach a class. I found the mozza at Carrefour: 39 rmb for a small chunk. I was also able to buy some breakfast at McDonald's.

On my scooter journey here was one close call. On the final stretch to school, I was riding down a narrow side street. An older woman coming out of a apartment complex crossed the street. Only problem was she drove into the street full speed without looking to see if anyone was coming. I had to make a quick evasive maneuver while cursing. Funny thing, she was cursing too. Somehow I was, in her mind, in the wrong but I have no idea how a Chinese brain would truly believe this.


I am going to have to start giving Tony baths. I have to help the wife in any way I can. She is a very busy woman because Tony just won't stop being mischievous.

Tonight, we will have a little dinner party at our house. We will host the King, Queen, prince, Duke, Duchess, and little Duchess of Wuxi, China Expatdom.

No comments: