Thursday, July 17, 2008

Busy.

I have been busy but I wonder if I have accomplished anything. Teaching classes, I have been going through the motions. The administrative stuff I have to do occupies my mind. I am always trying to figure out the schedule because something always comes up. I spend less time thinking about making effective lessons. Everything looks like a slot to be filled or covered.

I took the electric bike to school today. I had a nine o'clock class so I was riding in the midst of the Wuxi morning rush. At a corner near the train station, the amount of bicycles was more than I could fathom. Yet, somehow everyone got on their way. I saw bicycles get into spaces that I thought were surely too small into enter without causing consternation in others, but I have a Westerner's appreciation of space or rather a lack of understanding of how packed people can become if circumstances dictate.

My wife is looking after my son by herself. I don't know how she does it. I feel inadequete because I think I should be providing more for her.

I tested my company class last week, as I have probably mentioned before in this blog. Today, I finished marking them. With the exception of one student, the marks ranged from 75 to 90 out of a hundred. I don't think I did a good job of making a test to distinguish the students' abilities.

No comments: