Friday, November 13, 2009

Wednesday (Saturday) Blah Blah Blahings

History
The subject of history doesn't seem to interest many of our students.  Last night, what I thought was a whiz-bang interesting topic turned out to be like having to perform a tooth extraction.  Two students in the class said flat-out, they weren't interested at all in the subject.  I asked the students to tell me what they thought was the most memorable historical event of their life times  -- one told me the founding of the PRC in 1949 was -- only problem she wasn't alive then.
 
The only thing I could think of to explain the disinterest was the fact that China's recent history, till about 20 years ago, has been very, very, bad.  Perhaps, they want to forget it.
 
Cold
I am bringing out my gloves, scarf, and toque (Canadian for knit-cap).  It is that cold now.
 
I received a nice email from the operator of the site linked in the headline above.  Just looking at it, I see it a great site.

No comments: