Thursday, November 5, 2009

Early November Friday (Tuesday) Headlines or Tuesday (Friday) Afternoon Headlines


I need a new bike helmet
I busted my bike helmet this morning.  Not because of an accident with the bike.  I dropped it for about the twentieth time as I again didn't properly secure the strap I was using to carry it.

Not engineered to German standards, it was to be expected.

Ten near collisions
Riding to school this morning, I was thinking about what to put in the blog.  I then noticed myself swerving around someone.  The near collision, I thought, would have once been out of the ordinary.  But now that I have been riding to work for over a year, the number of near collisions has actually increased.  I have learned to go with the flow as it were, ride Chinese style and so find getting closer and closer to other riders.  I then did a mental count of the near collisions I experienced on the trip  to work this morning, and I got to ten before giving up.

Dessert Island
Desert Island activities make for good conversation classes.  But having done them so often, I am thinking of doing a dessert island class.  Would you live on a dessert island where you can have all-you-can-eat Ice Cream.

Hericane Ida
Hurricane Ida, I have read, has been waltzing through the Caribbean.  I immediately thought of an Ida we have working at our school.  As soon as she comes in, I will tease her unmercifully.

No comments: