Saturday, December 27, 2008

Will I get a seat on the bus?

I take the #25 bus home when I am not riding the electric bike. Today, I will take the bus home. Since the ride is so long (40 minutes), it makes a big difference whether I get a seat or not. Since my school is near the start of the the #25 route, I stand a good chance of getting a seat. However, waiting for the bus is tension-filled. If I go to the Bus terminal (the first stop instead of the second stop nearer my school), a crowd gathers that is jockeying for position so as to get on the bus quickly enough to get a seat. I hate it. You hate the sight of every person who comes to wait for the bus. You wish they would go away. And when the bus comes, you are physically fighting to get on the bus. Old countryside women will block you and bud in front of you to get on sooner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Andis!
i spy you and your Tony every day :)
we've met twice, once you led me to the hr office when i was seeking a teaching position in hylit. but the hr thought i'd never majored in english, nor studied overseas and didn't interview me.
everyday i ride scooter from the new gym to the new district, about 45 minutes.
the air in wuxi is getting worse lately and i have to wear a mask.
i wish you have a brilliant new year!