Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I wonder.

I wonder if I should continue to do this blog. When, I look at my blog numbers, I wonder if I can justify the time spent blogging to my wife and son. My wife and I had a discussion about our finances last night and it has lead me to thinking that I should instead spend my time doing something that gets my family money. This blog doesn't and it doesn't seem to get that many readers.

Anyway, I will continue for now. Any comments from any readers I may have would be greatly appreciated.

I will at least be warmer on my bike ride home this winter. I convinced the wife to buy a balaclava that fits under my helmet. On the cold nights, I have ridden home, it has been the cold air getting into my helmet that has made the ride most uncomfortable.

Another source of uncomfortableness these days has been the fact that it is warm at lunch but cool in the evenings and nights. At about noon yesterday, I went for a walk and I had to shed about three layers that I did need in the morning.

If I am writing about the weather it must be time to quit blogging.

Raising children may be a boring subject to people who have a lot of time to surf the Internet, but it is nevertheless an important activity and now that I have Tony, I can't see how people would want to do anything but raise children. As this article shows we may be on the road to destroying a way-of-life. And as common-sense morality dictates, having children is a duty and not just a life-style choice. To not have children is pure selfishness. People who present child-raising as something beneath them should have their heads examined. The current acceptance of this idea that having children is just too big an inconvenience in the process of self-actualization may well see the destruction of civilization as we know it.

Tony falling asleep in my arms last night made the worries about finances go away if only for a precious moment.

No comments: