Sunday, December 14, 2008

Layers on. Layers off.

I had to pack on the layers of clothing this morning. It was cold when I rode to the downtown.

But about 1100 AM, as I was walking in the downtown, the layers had to be discarded. I was warm with the terrible "I have ten pounds of clothing more than necessary" feeling.

This afternoon, I will go out to Shuo Fang for a class. The forty minute ride will be an excellent opportunity for me to take a power nap.

If you are craving excitement, I suggest you go to Shuo Fang. If you know what Steinbach is to Winnipeg, Chater is to Brandon, and Wuxi is to Shanghai then you will have a good idea what Shuo Fang is to Wuxi: a retreat from the big smoke.

Harry told me he meet some guy named Dashel who said he knew me and read this blog. I say hello!

A funny thing happened on my way to work this morning: nothing funny happened on my way to work this morning. So now I am at my wit's end, trying to think of something to blog about.

In the office, there is Josie, Judy, Tina, Elsi, Nancy, Harry, and Dennis. Five out of seven is pretty good if you ask me. And when you think of all those who aren't there, it looks even better. For example, there is no Fidel, Adolf, Joseph, Hugo, Icabob, Al, and Elmer.

I will do an episode of the Simpsons in my Movie Salon this Saturday.

On my desk, there is a small flag of Latvia, the DVD of the movie Holiday Inn, a can of Pepsi, a family portrait, a stapler, and an old issue of People magazine.

No comments: