Saturday, December 27, 2008

Am I a bastard or what?

  • Sometimes I wonder. But all I have to do is interact with other people, and I see that I am small potatoes.
  • I give Tony some M&Ms. He then puts them in my mouth.
  • The wife is all excited because she made hot pot at home this evening. I don't mind hot pot though I will always remember some Brit saying how unhygienic it was to eat, what with everyone sharing and all. I think it is great if you give everyone their own individual pot and the choicest selection of meats and veggies with peanut or curry sauces.
  • Concrete, Dirt, Garbage, People, drabness.... That is the panorama that passes you when you are looking out the window of a public bus in Wuxi.
  • The students thought the film the Naked Gun was just too silly.
  • What will Wuxi Expats be doing for New Year's Eve? I imagine they will be going to one or more of the Expat pubs in town. My source presumes that afterwards, many of them will get laid. AKIC will spend the evening at work and on his electric bicycle as he returns home.
  • Be not afraid WTU freaks! WTU 253 is being uploaded as I make this entry.
  • I wonder if I will be here when the dynasty falls. It is something I think about as I go to work. Will these people get angry?
  • Will the Middle classes revolt? That is the question.
  • But then maybe this place is Mexico with Chinese people. That is, it is a nation tottering along, the ruling party keeping its grip on power.
  • Somebody must have moved into their apartment. Fireworks have been launched in the complex.
  • Never buy DVDs of recent movies here in Wuxi. The chances are that most of them don't work. This one shop near the school has sold me three bad DVDs. I paid for only one but I have been making trips to exchange the DVDs.
  • I should be working on a highlight and low lights for AKIC 2008 entry. My personal highlight has been watching Tony develop through the year. The low light was the split between the Kaulins and Drummond families -inevitable in retrospect. In the great big world, there wasn't much good. The presidential election, though historical, was a match up of mediocrities. The economic slump that was inevitable may last longer than necessary in 2009 and beyond because of government intervention and stupid green social engineering.
  • The school attracts its' share of local weirdos who like to hang out at the school but don't seem to be interested in learning English. And like cockroaches, they just won't go away.
  • Tony likes to take empty cups and cans, and go through the action of drinking from them.
  • Tony just broke the cup he was drinking from that inspired me to make the last entry.
  • This happens a lot on local buses: A passenger not realizing quickly enough that his or her stop has come up, has to run to the back of the bus and scream at the driver to let them off. In the dark, I have seen shouting matches between passengers and the driver because the passengers are even more dopey.
  • The wife has visitors from a nearby apartment. So I will sign off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: Hotpot Brit

Forget that Brit's attitude to hotpot, I'm a Brit that loves hotpot. It's a fantastic way to have a good night out in China!