Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Evening Musings.

I've got twenty minutes to blog before the wife needs the computer again. So, I must be quick.

It is nice to be at home in a warm home with a loving son and a wife who is cleaning the house. He he.

Chicago, Illinois, USA seems to be a place lacking in discipline. Oprah has gained weight again. I heard on Radio Derb that she is over 200 lbs these days. Obama has completely given up smoking. Which in my books is something good to be said for him. But still it is weak, for a man who is a God, and whose very poo is not tainted by poo like it is for other normal mortals. As well, the governor of the state can swear but not in a manner befitting a governor. And then there is the Reverend Jeremiah Wright who had to be put in exile in Africa for the duration of the Big 0's presidential campaign.

Did you know that my wife and somebody else's wife are not speaking to each other? It was the first I had heard of it. I can't say that I had any knowledge that these two had any animosity toward each other. If they did and I was told about it, I wasn't there. Having just heard about it, I have to say that I am very sad and don't think it is prudent for me to comment any further on the matter.

Maybe, I have said it before, but I will say it again. If Wuxi didn't have 5 million Chinese in it, it would be a small town of provincial expats.

I visited real clear politics for the first time since the U.S. election.

The fundamentals to a good economy: the citizens must be hard-working, thrifty, willing to take risks, and not willing to suck on the government teat.

Tony was in a hugging mood this evening, something which I will have to enjoy while I can. I know that in the future, his old man will be an embarrassment to him.

I have always been a man looking for a world-view. I started out with a left-wing one but it quickly became unsatisfactory. I then flipped over to a conservative world-view thanks to Rush Limbaugh and the fall of the Soviet Union. My viewpoints were still tinged with a bit too much idealism and a belief that all humans could make changes for the better. Now, I have still kept my conservative viewpoint but am losing more and more of the idealism. But I will still stand for decency and truth.

I showed the students the start of the film Holiday Inn. One of them told me that it reminded him of an Indian movie, what will all the singing and dancing. I think the film's classiness went over all the student's heads. However, they were blown away by Bing Crosby's rendition of "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas."

The Chinese don't seem to be offended by the display of "Merry Christmas" signs in their hometown. I say this because I find it hard to believe that there is a movement to suppress the word "Christmas" in North America.

Funny, how many of the Trainers at school are now professing Christians because they demand to get Christmas day off.

Time to give the computer to Jenny....

No comments: