Friday, August 22, 2008

Tony is One year old!

  • It is August 23 which means it is my son Anthony Arnis Peng Kaulins's birthday. We will be celebrating at a Japanese Restaurant in downtown Wuxi, China.
  • As I said in my other blog, Tony's birthday is really a celebration of the fact that my wife Jenny has survived the first year with Tony. My wife has had a tough year having gone through child birth, looking after Tony mostly by herself with just a little help from me and supervising the decoration of our new apartment single-handed. She also had to deal with a serious illness.
  • Over a year ago, my cousin Gundega died. It was very sad for me because only months before she had died, she had taken a keen interest in Jenny and her pregnancy offering us all sorts of advice. Gundega died before her time. As Jenny was nearing the end of her pregnancy, Gundega's death was heavy in my heart.
  • On a lighter note, my in-laws are in town for Tony's birthday. Last night, they were watching the Olympics on TV. When the national medal standings were shown, MaMa got a big kick out of seeing Canada was 17th.

No comments: