Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Heaven and Hell, Dumb and Dumber.

  • I knew it. If you ask the Chinese students a straight categorical yes-no question they will still try to make the answer in between. When I asked the students if they wished there was a heaven and hell, I told them they could not say they wanted a heaven and no hell, but typically one student tried to give me that answer.
  • Chinese teachers make the worse students. I say this from my experience of trying to teach a group of teachers at an Elementary School and from the Chinese teachers I have had attend classes in my school. The teachers repeatedly ignore my advice to try to minimize the Chinese spoken in class by trying to first make the effort to understand something using English. Recently, a teacher I had from Tian Yi Middle School was so disruptive that it still depresses me to think about it. Chinese teachers show an immaturity that is worse than their students. It is just so bizarre.
  • I have labelled this U.S. Presidential election as a contest between Dumb and Dumber. To John Derbyshire, the candidates are two gibbering numbskulls.

No comments: