Wednesday, August 27, 2008

More thoughts on Heaven and Hell.

Doing the Speakers' Corner on Heaven and Hell got me to thinking. It didn't get the students to thinking unfortunately, but it did me as I was doing the Corner. I thought things that the students could not have understood. If there is a heaven, it would have to a place of the spirit. Heaven would be a place that was free of material concerns. Therefore it would have to be a place where we don't have bodies.

An anecdote that is sad but true: I was doing an English Corner this afternoon when these two students came late and sat at the side. I recognized but I couldn't place them. After the class was over the two students came asking me to sign these cards they need to prove to their company that they had been attending extra activities at our school. I didn't sign their cards. I later realized they were from my Legris company class which I do on Thursday night.

It turned out that the assassination plot to kill 0bama was nothing of the sort. It was a couple of drug addicts taking nonsense. Drug addicts are a Democratic Party constituency if there ever was one. The assassinations of the Kennedys were done by leftists. In the first case, it was a man admiring Castro; in the second case, it was a Palestinian nationalist. Partisans of the latter cause can now find sympathy with the Democrats.

No comments: