Monday, August 25, 2008

Cake, Pizza and other things.

  • I have been asking students what they thought of the Olympics. Most have said they were an overwhelming success. I have heard that some students have said that the Olympics hail the end of the American era and the start of the Chinese. I be skeptical of that. China is looking more like America. I can't say vice versa. No one in America is pining for the Chinese form of government that I know of. Not even 0bama.
  • I come to pizza and cake. The wife was using our gas-powered oven. The cake she made was great. The pizza was doughy. The wife told me that she had trouble getting the pizza dough to rise.
  • Kedi is the local Wuxi convenience store, Wuxi's 7-11, as it were. I have had teachers tell me that the one nearest our school has been ripping them off by scanning things two or three. I go to the particular store all the time but have never been ripped off like that because I usually go in to buy a Coke. What the clerks have been doing to scanning products twice or even three times when the foreigner makes big purchases.
  • Thankfully, I live in part of China that does not have water problems.
  • Reaction to the Olympics? Here is one. Here is another. Here is yet another with an 0bama angle.

No comments: