Saturday, August 2, 2008

Saturday Night.

  • I will just make a list of random observations and thought tonight.
  • We have our large screen television back home (see WTU #149), just in time for the Olympics. I am excited. While I probably won't be able to watch much television because the wife will hog it. I will be able to spend more time blogging because she won't hog the computer as much.
  • Tony is interested in my friend's cat.
  • Tony likes kissing the Bart Simpson doll of my friend's son.
  • My friend, the King of Wuxi, China expdatdom will have a BBQ to celebrate his son's third birthday. Many prominent Wuxi Expats will attend.
  • This morning I took the bus to work. I saw an old man, on a bike, who wore a t-shirt saying I am happy I am single. I don't think he knew what his t-shirt was saying.
  • My company class readily admitted that Mah Jong is not a spectator sport.
  • To talk or not talk about the Olympics? This is the question. My friend, the King of Wuxi Expatdom (Kow) says I should because I will get more hits. I can't imagine anyone coming to my blog to read anything about the Olympics. Even though, I am in China, the Olympics are far-removed from my little provincial city two hours from Shanghai. The locals will watch the Olympics on t.v. Other than that, there really isn't much else to be said about the Olympics in Wuxi. I will get my news about them the same way the rest of the world will from the Internet and television. Other than the fact that the Chicoms are hosting the Olympics, there really isn't anything interesting about them. The romance and allure that the Olympics had for me when I was a child is gone. I see the event is just a big bureaucratic affair like the U.N. To see the leader of the IOC talk about his over hyped event is to puke.
  • One of my must-visit site: www.pajamasmedia.com
  • I was getting an Operation Aborted message when I tried to look at this blog. At Little Green Footballs, it is said that having sitemeter on the site has something to do with it. Seablogger has also mentioned problems resulting from having sitemeter on one's site. However, I got away from the problem by using Firefox.
  • Tony was a good boy today, says the wife. He apparently sat in place and didn't get into anything. If you watch WTU 149 (a blatant plug, I know), you will see him mesmerized and hypnotized by the Teletubbies.
  • National Review Online is celebrating twenty years of Rush Limbaugh this weekend. Long live Ma-Ha-Rushee!!! Sample Excellence With Rush and The Rush Haters.
  • John Derbyshire, who I got an email from once, has a column in NRO as well as a radio show this weekend.

No comments: