Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Don't be late.

  • At the place I park my electric bike for recharging all the spots were taken. However, a few of the bikes weren't being recharged. So I lifted one of the smallest of the unrecharging bikes and put my bike in its place. I need the bike tomorrow to get to work so I had no choice. I have been told that taking out the batteries from the bike and taking them to the apartment to recharge is not a good idea because they are very heavy - they make up most of a bike's weight.
  • Tony has been asleep since 540 PM. It is now 1040 PM. We, that being the wife and me, are going to be woken very early tomorrow morning.
  • From Seablogger, a posting about what he sees are the four powers whose interactions make up the world today: Liberal Democracies, China, Russia and Islam. It is a variation on the three powers interacting in Orwell's 1984. Clearly, One World, One Dream is a pipe dream. Whether in the interactions of humans or nations, I see no evidence that we can ever be one. But in spite of being human, as Seablogger says, we have accomplished much. I can't see China returning to the stupidity of the Mao years.
  • Tuesday was a day where I had a lot to do and did get most of it done, even though I did keep myself busy. Still too many issues on the back burner to be dealt with.
  • No medals, yet, for Latvia at the Olympics. I hope my father has the satisfaction of seeing them win one medal in the Olympics.
  • The feedback about Liu Xiang has been one of disappointment at what happened mixed in with some his name is now mud.

No comments: