Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Sunday of sorts

This morning has the lazy morning feel to it. But I have to teach this afternoon. And maybe I should be going to church or something.

This presidential campaign is still the Dumb and Dumber campaign with the worse choice of candidates since 1972. But it is certainly dramatic and maybe as dramatic as 1968.

Wuxi Tony Update 176 is coming soon! I made it in a distracted state but it has some interesting things in it all the same.

I was reading Zane Grey's West of the Pecos on the bus yesterday. A couple girls sat behind me, and I could pick up enough of what they said to know that they were curious about me and what I was reading. Finally, one of them asked me what I was reading. After my telling them it was a western, they then asked why I was reading an old yellowing book. I like old books I said.

Many Chinese seem to have an aversion to old things. They prefer the new to the old even if the new is boring and there is something to be said for the old. Mind you, anything that is old now is from the bad times before the 1980s.

No comments: