Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday Night Wuxi Impromptus

  • Most of this has been posted at my other site.  But scroll through, you may find some exclusive content.
  • Calling this bulleted list of blog entries, Impromptus is a rip off of Jay Nordlinger's columns on National Review Online.  Oh well.  I won't call it that every time.  It is just something to do today.
  • Toner Development Update.  He is becoming more and more aware of his surroundings.  He is grasping his hands together and is making attempts to grasp at things placed in front of his face.  I can get a smile out of him by saying A Goo!  And not only will he smile, he will say Ah Goo! back.    
  • I acted in a commercial this afternoon.  I pretended to be a cabinet designer for a Jiangying kitchen furniture company.  I was filmed considering, designing and questioning in an office atmosphere.  My name was Number 1.  I was also filmed referring to drawings and manuals before making etchings on a wall plan.  All very exciting.  The camera crew went out to the factory floor and I saw a CNC machine in action craving designs on pieces of wood.  I felt sorry for the workers there because they were breathing in sawdust and chemical vapors.  Thank you  Fred!
  • Here is another interesting looking site I have found on the Internet:  The People's Cube.  It bills itself as the Stalinist version of the Onion.
  • The wife left the bank card in the bank machine two days ago.  She panicked about it till I told her I had done it once before myself and that all one had to do was go to the bank the next day with I.D. and pick the card up.
  • A sight I love to see:  a little boy at a crowded Rush Hour Bus Stop wearing his pants around his ankles taking a piss.  I couldn't believe it.
  • Across the street from the bus stop and down the street from Ronnie's Australian Bar, I saw a bonfire on a street corner.  I have seen fireworks before but a bonfire?  I have no idea what the occasion was.  I will ask my wife.... 
  • The Wife tells me that a ceremony was being conducted for a rich person who died a long, long time ago.
  • I have to write a metaphor for what a teacher is.  My first notion was to say a teacher is like a character in a Hitchcock movie going after a McGuffin.  The idea of this metaphor being that there is a goal we have to keep in mind as we go through the plot or a class.  But the metaphor I really believe in is a teacher is like General Patton.  I think of two quotes attributed to Patton.  He may have said: "I don't want my soldiers to love me, I want them to fight for me!" and "Don't tell your followers how to do something.  Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their initiative."  Now, I think both positive and negative things about human nature and so  I believe in both quotes.  Also, I believe teaching has to involve carrots and sticks.  And of course Patton was a great guy.
  • You should listen to AKIC radio.  The King of Wuxi is.
  • China is storing water from the Yellow River for use in next year's Olympic games.
  • I am always proud to show my wife's video work.  Here, she has taken video of a UFO that was hovering outside our building.
  • Every once in a while, rude comments are made on my Youtube videos site.  The modus operandi, of the people or person doing this, is to one day (probably after having drunk a few or smoked a few) look at my videos and enter the vilest of comments on many of them as possible.  They are often of a racist nature directed toward my wife.  I have had to block the user and remove the comments.  This morning I was thankfully able to block the user as he started to make vile comments.  So I only had to delete three comments...  But this person will be back a month or so and I will have to do it again.  And my name on the Internet is Andis, not Anonymous.
  • This passage will be an AKIC blogspot exclusive!  The King is losing weight.  The Duchess of Wuxi bought a sterilizer for baby bottles after she saw that my wife had one. 

No comments: