Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Brazil versus China.

I have a student, living in Wuxi, who comes from Brazil.  I asked her to compare Brazil to China.  She told me that China is richer than Brazil, and that Shanghai and Wuxi are safer cities than her native Sao Paulo.  Crime, she tells me, in Sao Paulo, Brazil is terrible.  It isn't safe to walk the streets at night.  She had a necklace torn from her neck once.  Her husband's grandparents were kidnapped by bandits who took their car so they could steal a stereo.  Corruption by the Brazilian police is rampant....

The Toner don't much care for his father these days.  I have no idea why.  Maybe, I am not as soft as his mother.  Maybe, he don't like my stubble.  Maybe, I hold him too tight.  Maybe, he does not like being the subject of my Youtube videos like this and this.

 

Think Saskatchewan Winnipeg Grey Cup. 

No comments: