Thursday, November 1, 2007

Friday is Monday at AKIC. Wuxi has world's 76th best skyline?

It is getting colder in Wuxi.  And today is my Monday even if it is Friday for everyone else.  When Monday people meet Friday people, it is a clash of short-term, for-the-moment mindsets.

What hats does a father wear?  He is a child-entertainer, gynecologist, poet, teacher, maternal-assistant, joe boy, coolie and villian.  Yes, I said villian.  You get blamed for things you didn't do or for just being there when the baby wakes up...  Better add scapegoat to the list.

I have put Tony in the snuggler, a canvas pouch with straps that helps you carry around a baby like a knap sack.  He seems to have taken to it.  Yesterday morning, he fell asleep in it.

There is a chill in the air.  I have put the heater on at AKIC mission control.

The King of Wuxi was telling me that Wuxi had made the top 100 list of world cities for their visual impact of skyline.  I have found the list.  The King must be mistaken. 

But here is  another list.  Wuxi is number 76.  Apologies to his majesty.

Here is the link to a Wuxi skyline video I have done.

This afternoon, I go to Seagate to make a five minute speech welcoming students to our school.

Yesterday, I went to Xin An primary school on the outskirts of Wuxi.  New roads and friendly, enthusiastic children.  I had an enjoyable time.

No comments: