Friday, November 9, 2007

Those thieves never give up.

In an earlier entry, I had told you about these thieves who run after cyclists from behind trying to pickpocket them.  I have seen them twice at a location near our apartment building.  My wife has seen them three times now including yesterday.  These thieves never give up.  I may well be able to take a video of them in action.  I will just have to ascertain their schedule.

So if you are on a bicycle and you see a couple of dirty swarthy looking types eyeing you.  Watch your back pocket.

It is cold in the mornings now in Wuxi.  For the first time this fall, I can say I was shivering as I stood outside.

Nothing could be finer than playing with the Toner while having a Sinatra TV Special playing in the background.   And I was watching the special Frank did with Ella and Antonio Carlos Jobim (Antonio could be another name for me to call the Toner).  As Sammy Davis Junior, would say "it was heaven baby!".  I sung to the Toner.  I couldn't tell if he cared either way if I sung.  But I hope he appreciated the good vibes I felt...

But then the wife said the special was noisy!  Oh!  Apostasy on Sinatra cannot be tolerated.  To deny Sinatra's greatness is to deny the laws of gravity.

A student tells me he will go shopping tonight (Saturday) at Carrefour.   I told him I could not stand to go there at that time of the week because it is always too crowded (one cannot move easily among the aisles let alone find a short lineup at the checkout).  But as he said, "This is China.  It is crowded everywhere!".

Antonio Carlos Jobim Kaulins.  That would have been a good name for my son.   Oh well.  Maybe in a next life.

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day.  Lest we forget!

I see groups of foreigners on their way to Nanchang temple.  I saw Americans with UNC caps talking in southern drawl.

For lunch today, I am eating an egg salad sandwich from Careme.

If you have read this far into my blog, I will tell you  I love you deeply and passionately my rare reader.

If Al Gore had won the election in 2000, his vice president would have been Joe Lieberman who supports the war in Iraq.  Now, Lieberman is persona non grata in the Democrat Party because of his stand.  Meanwhile, John Derbyshire, who does not support the Iraq war still gets to write columns for the conservative National Review.  I abandoned the left wing because of its intolerance and when I learned that 95 percent of all conservatives are not the bigots that the left wing accuses them of being.  Rush Limbaugh's characterization of most lefties and liberals as being people with good hearts but bad ideas is a more generous view of his opponents than his opponents are willing to give him.  Rush to me is an agent of tolerance.

No comments: