Thursday, November 15, 2007

Opinions to give to the students.

I am doing a Speaker's Corner Friday afternoon at 1600.  I will ask the students to offer opinions on these statements:

Cats make better pets than dogs
They score too much in basketball.
Suzhou is better than Wuxi.
McDonald’s is better than KFC.
Yao Ming should be the next president of China.
All men should have long hair.
We should have eyes on the back of our heads.
They should not sell toy guns in department stores.
Wuxi needs more trees.
Talking to women is like talking to a wall.
Families should take baths together.
The Great Wall should be longer.

I hope they have  imaginative answers.

 

Meanwhile, a top Chinese official says there will be minimal environmental damage from the Three Gorges Dam.

Roger L. Simon thinks Barak Obama really does not want to be president.

He loves, he hates me: that is the way it is with my son The Toner.  When he is friendly to me, he gives me the biggest of smiles.  When he wants his mom, he wails like a banshee.

I will be doing an email newsletter with the King of Wuxi.

I may be acting in a commercial next week.

This morning, the Toner kicked off his sheets.  He was so full of energy.

We will be borrowing money from the B and Q in Wuxi for apartment decorations.

Here is an entry in the Shanghai Daily about collective renting.  I find  Huang Yuhong's response to the question unintentionally funny.

No comments: