Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Morning with the Family. I see Fred's brother.

This morning, I am happy blogging and holding onto the Toner.  I used the Snuggler (a kangaroo pouch like device) to hold onto Tony this morning and he fell asleep in my arms without slipping downwards.  Having to lift him and readjust his position and clothing is the annoying part of holding him.

The King says I look like Clint Eastwood.  My hair which had been short has taken to standing up like spikes.  This upward hair stance seems to highlight my glaring features as well as make me resemble Dirty Harry.  I would prefer to look like Voltaire.  But to have a awesome cold glare at times would complement the Smile of Reason I try to cultivate.

Haircut this afternoon.  I am very indecisive about what to do.  Should I let my hair grow back?  Should I shave my head to look like the Dalai Lama?  Should I do what I have been doing the last three months and go for a half-inch of shortness?  One thing is for sure, I won't do any before and after photos.  (not in this blog anyway).

The King of Wuxi is thinking to start another website for Ex-Pats as a way to garner publicity for his wife's real estate business.  I will help him with it, writing articles, and looking for good RSS feeds.  He is thinking of putting an audio channel (Wuxi Radio) on this site.  And maybe even a webcam.

I went to the Blue Bar Wednesday Night.  The place looks to be thriving.  It was busy last night as I saw a whole bunch of foreigners whom I had never seen before.  I also saw another of Fred's brothers.

I heard that five houses at Venice Garden, a popular compound for Expatriates, were broken into.

Crime happens in China like it happens everywhere else in the world.  No political system can change that aspect of human nature.

Speaking of which, I had a student tell me that he had been pickpocketed on Zhongshan Road, Wuxi's main street.  This student opined that Shanghai was in fact safer.

I have over 79,000 video views on Youtube.  You can visit here to see what my most viewed videos are.  You will see I didn't have to make 79,000 videos to get the view numbers.  My most popular videos are of Jenny carrying Tony and of the day Tony was born.

I always look forward to reading the latest Thomas Sowell Column.

This is to me, offensive on every level.  I will always wear a red poppy.  How many people have died on account of pacifists?  Far more than the U.S. Military has every killed.  Who has done more for world peace?  The U.S. Military or Pacifists?  I vote for the U.S. military.

From Jay Nordlinger's Impromptu's, I came across this story:

 

At a U2 concert in Ireland, the lead singer Bono asks the audience for some quiet. Then he starts to slowly clap his hands. Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone, “I want you to think about something. Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies.”
A voice from the audience yells out, “Then stop clapping, you a**h***!”

Funny.  But is it true?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who cares if it's true. It's appropriate. BTW the punchline I heard was:

A voice with a broad Scottish accent came from the front of the crowd, piercing the quiet:
"Well, foockin' stop doin' it then, ya evil bastard!"



And i agree re: your assessment of pacifists. The 'let's all just be friends' position didn't help much against Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, etc...