Sunday, November 11, 2007

The King did not tell anyone to shut up!

The king did not tell Andiso Khavez to shut up!  But he had no reason to.

Norman Mailer died.  So I am spending the next few days reading the opinions about him.  Here is an unfavorable opinion about him.  I can't say to have read him.  I guess the literary world I have been reading in has never caused me to pick up one of his books.  I can remember seeing him on television.  I can remember watching a replay of this CBC panel show where he and Malcolm Muggeridge were having a discussion.  Mailer had to leave the program to catch a flight.  It was the only time I had ever seen a guest on a show do that.  It was bizarre.  He had told Muggeridge that they differed about where to draw the line on morality.  From what I have heard about Mailer's life, the line may not have ever been drawn.  But, Mailer was a talker with a strong personality.  He had a literary appearance made for T.V.

No comments: