Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sunday Blogging.

The wife and the Toner were still asleep when I left to go to work this morning.  So I had no chance to pick the Toner's brains.  I need some ideas for things to write about in this blog.

 

On my tumblr site, I am trying to post MP3 recordings.  Maybe, a future Wuxi Radio station will be able to use them.

 

It is cold everywhere in Wuxi today.

 

I am letting the Wife make most of the design decisions for the new apartment because she is more excited by having a house than I am.  If I had it my way, we would just rent from year to year and avoid the aggravations of apartment ownership.  But I compromised myself on this by agreeing to go along with this "you have to own a house" mentality. 

I have lived in thirty places or so in my life and yet I have never been able to find an ideal configuration for my living space.  I have always had to adapt and make the best of it.  A room with a book shelf and now a room with an Internet connection is all I really desire.  The world is too small to restrict yourself to a back yard with a swing set. 

If you ask me, this "having to own a house" morality is the biggest swindle ever perpetuated on the middle classes and now (thanks to the sub-prime fiasco) the lower classes.   The amount of crime that people get into in order to make mortgage payments and property tax payments must be astronomical.  For instance, the number of people in so-called respectable positions who have drug growing operations in British Columbia, Canada is saddening because there are so many.  Governments by "helping" people get homes are encouraging lawlessness by having them think having a house is a right and you are a victim if you rent.

Another reason I can't get all excited about apartment decorating is I have a better grasp of what is bad than what is good.  Wandering the aisles of the local B & Q, I found many bad designs and many good or okay designs.  Having to choose among the many okay designs, I might as well pull one out of the hat.  None of them say "this is You!" or "This says everything that can be said about the themes of your existence!".  The Wife seems to have stronger opinions on these design matters than I do anyway, so I will let her decide.  Being disagreeable for the sake of appearing to be disagreeable so as to not look like you are being dictated to is something I don't have energy for.

But if I don't have Internet, I will put my foot down and in a jackbootish manner too so don't no one say Andis is being bulldozed by the Wife again.

 

Now that Israel has beaten Russia in a crucial Euro 2010 qualifying match, English fans can under no circumstances blame George Bush if England does not qualify.  As a matter of fact, if they believe the crackpot theories about the Israeli Zionist Neocon cabal controlling George Bush's every thought and move, they should be thanking the Neo Cons and buying subscriptions to Commentary magazine.  As a person of Latvian origins, I am glad to see the plucky little democracy stick it to the wannabe Imperialist power.  From one plucky democracy to another:  Bravo!

No comments: