Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Shears instead of Scissors.

I got my haircut yesterday.  I told the wife to take me to a place where they would cut my hair short using electric shears instead of scissors, like they did  the last two times I had my hair cut.  Those times watching the stylists cut with scissors was an annoying experience.  They kept plucking and plucking away when electric shears could have done the job in 3 seconds.

Thankfully, yesterday, the wife took me to a place that had shears and so my haircut seems cleaner if still somewhat uneven and hacked.

Incidentally, going into these salons, you will see a lot of effeminate looking men.  Companionship among the Chinese involves a lot more touching and closeness than people in North America are used to so it can seem strange.  But China is a country where space is at a premium.

No comments: