Saturday, August 1, 2009

"We had an accident."

  • I got a text message from my wife yesterday saying this.  It was a momentary panic for me till I got all the details.  Thankfully, Jenny and Tony were okay.  What happened was that Jenny was on the electric bike with Tony.  She became distracted for a second and so run into a car that was parked illegally in the bike path.  The bike sustained superficial damage, but can be driven as always.
  • Meanwhile my mobile phone is slowly giving up the ghost.  Yesterday morning, I found that the display would refresh itself every four,five seconds and so using the phone keyboard was a slow process:  punch a key and wait three seconds for the result to show on the screen.  On a budget, I may have to put up with the inconvenience for a month or so.
  • I am power-reading Micheal Crichton's Timeline.  It is a gripping thriller but is filled with two dimensional characters.  Crichton fills his novels with interesting historical and scientific information.  Timeline focuses on Quantum theory and medieval history.
  • "Monkeys give one-word answers."  Should I be saying that?

No comments: