Thursday, August 27, 2009

Freedom is Responsibility

Keeping Order
Not having the wife at home means I am wandering around like a chicken with its' head cut off.  I have to cook, clean, and do laundry.  If I did relax, none of these things would get done.
 
Listening to Podcasts
I have always loved listening to Talk Radio as I get through my day.  I like all kinds, but as a matter of principle I won't listen to CBC, the disgraced, in my eyes, Canadian government channel.  (The last time I listened to CBC was in September 2001)  With Jenny and Tony not around, I can put a USB flash drive full of pod casts into my large screen television.  So I have been listening to Hugh Hewitt, Marc Steyn, Victor David Hanson, Christopher Hitchens (talking about George Orwell), and G. Gordon Liddy. 
 
What have I learned?  I have learned that LBJ was hung like a horse and practiced naturism on Air Force One.  People who would oppose my political views, in some instances, consider me to be mentally diseased.  Orwell was a linguist, able to speak French and some local languages in Burma.  Orwell didn't like comic books, thinking they were a bad influence on youth.

No comments: