Monday, August 24, 2009

Friday Night for Me!

A Walk with my Son
I took Tony for a walk as soon as I arrived home from work tonight.  We walked around the complex, stopping a few times to let Tony throw stones - an activity I am wishing I never introduced to him because he finds it so interesting that I have to fight him when I want him to stop.  I am feeling guilty about letting him throw stones in the ponds in the apartment complex because we are picking up decorative stones on the grounds.  Pretty soon, there will be no stones left. 
 
Tony briefly ran into the lobby of the nearby Ramada Hotel - a swank place that I should hang out at more often. 
 
It was after the Ramada that we went to a public bridge that seemed the perfect spot to let Tony throw stones.  The place had few stones and I didn't feel guilty about Tony desecrating apartment common ground.  I actually got into the stone throwing myself as I noticed a frog sitting on an embankment.  I wasn't at first certain that the lump was in fact a frog.  I threw and threw stones before the hitting the frog, and I then had to hit the frog a few times before it moved and I was confident the lump was alive.
 
To get Tony to stop throwing stones I had to walk away and wait for him to notice I wasn't beside him.  After some wailing, he reluctantly ran to rejoin me.
 
A Theological Dispute
Some of my best writing can be found here as I argue with KoW about my excommunicating him from the religion of which I had made him a deity.  Being the deity got to the KoW's head and so I had no choice but to declare him a heretic.  I should mention that I am the first Pope of this religion.  My move is of course fully supported by prophecy, doctrine, and reason.  Unfortunately, the KoW has engaged in ad hominem attacks against me.  His one attempt to argue with me on theological and doctrinal grounds was easily rebuffed as he made a stupid attempt to equate the doctrine of KoWistic Dualism with Cartesian Dualism.  So he has returned to using ad hominem attacks and Zeus-wannabe-like bluster against me.  I would much appreciate it if you rare reader could register at www.wuxiguide.net, and offer your support for me and truth and reason and basic decency.
 
Why is it Friday Night?
A good question.  I thank you for asking.  It is Friday Night, this Monday, because Tuesday and Wednesday are my days off.
 
A Limerick
There once was an expat in Suzhou
Who liked to do lots of you know
But then the Police did some raids
As they looked for people with Aids
And this man was on the first plane back to his home country.
 
KoW Stream of Thought
Reading James Joyce's Ulysses inspired me to write this Stream of Thought passage about KoW:
 
He awoke.  Cheeseburger.  Cheeseburger.  Take Blackburn for walk.  Bacon. Bacon. Pork. Pork.  Mmmmmmm.  Yum Yum.  I like pie.  Is there any in the fridge?  I wish I had Star Trek technology so I so transport it straight to my bed.  Bat Boy. Bat Boy.  Yah. Yah.  Coffee.  Coffee. Toast.  Toast.  What to have for supper.  Pork Chops and Apple Pie.  Apple Sauce.  I will bake a cake shaped like the Star Trek Enterprise.  Winnipeg.  Hmmmmm.  I wonder if that Bill Murray guy is still mayor.  Is that his name?  No.  It couldn't be.  I must be looking swelter.  Is that the word?  Born Free!  As free as a free thing can be!  As free as a Lion on the range!  Hallewhatyoucallit!  It is raining men.  Rutabaga.  Rutabaga.  Yummy.  Yummy.  Good.  I hope the wife made me sandwiches with extra cheese and pickles.  I think I go to Ronnie's tonight.  I must avenge Kaviar beating me in pool.  I am God.  I am not a heretic God.  No respect.  Andis must think I am a combination of Napoleon, Clausewitz, and Bobby Bittman.  How are ya!  He he he.  I think I will have five cheeseburgers for lunch.  Three shakes.  I wish you could get poutine here.  Maybe I will have to make it.  MMMMM.  Donuts.  Yozza Yozza.  Evidently, the dog ate himself.  Chinese Dog it had to be.  Ho Ha Ha.  What does dualism mean?   That is okay.  If worse comes to worse, I can belch or scoff.  Puts people who think about their arguments in their place.  Blasphemy.  Gasphemy.  My bum makes a symphony.  I love the sounds of those words. 
 

No comments: