Friday, June 12, 2009

Worth Looking at again.

This morning on the bus ride to work, I watched a patriotic music video being played on the bus video screen. I saw images first, presumably from the Long March - a soldier carrying a red flag ended sinking in quicksand. Other soldiers trod through mud. The female singer wore a uniform and appeared in the scenes with the soldiers. The soldiers then attacked Japanese soldiers or at least a Japanese flag made a brief appearance. Then, one could see images of the honour guard at Tiananmen Square unfurling the Chinese Communist flag. And finally I saw the Olympic Rings appear as the opening ceremony of 2008 was shown.

I think of this as I hope you will re-watch or watch for the first this WTU I took with Tony, Jenny and Steve Wall, a rare reader from Florida, USA.


No comments: