Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back from Shanghai.

The K family went to Shanghai yesterday, arriving back in Wuxi last night feeling very tired. We spent about 4 hours at the Canadian Consulate. I chased Tony around trains and malls and restaurants for the greater part of the day as well.

Tony can't stand still in restaurants, waiting areas, and trains. In a restaurant, Tony wants to leave. In a waiting room, Tony is trouble. In a train, Tony would wonder the train from end to end if his parents didn't stop him.

I spent so much time at the Consulate because I made a mistake on a form. Not having a guarantor (a lawyer or doctor or professional who has known me for two years) for Tony's passport application, I have to fill out an "in lieu of guarantor" form. I assumed I was doing this form for Tony. But it turned out I was to fill it out for myself since I was the parent making the application. This mistake caused me to go to the back of the queue and wait 90 minutes. One applicant must have been in the office for an hour and some of us took to moaning.

I saw a lot of foreigners yesterday: a lot of big bellies, big hair, big noses, and big big breasts.

There will be video and photos in a following entry.

No comments: