Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kempenski

Last night, I went to a bar in the Kempenski Hotel, a huge building overlooking Taihu square.  It was my first trip to a pub for a long time.  It was beer night for the foreign trainers at my school so I was able to get permission from Jenny to go.  The pub serves German beer, expensive but alright.  I drank four tall glasses of light and dark beer.  I feel it this morning.  Thankfully, I won't have to be going to the pub again for another long period.  A band of Filipinos played pop songs and eventually got the patrons dancing.
 
I ran into an expat who has a daughter about the same age as Tony.  He immediately told me that he had to get a permission slip to be out.
 
I took the bus and taxi home.  I would have been in no condition to drive the scooter if I had brought it.

No comments: