Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Up early.

Tony, the little bugger, has me up early. He woke up at about 530 AM and started babbling something along the lines of "hew nai" which sounds like drink milk in Chinese. I fed him the milk and then held on to him for twenty minutes before he fell so soundly asleep that I could put him down.

Now, I am awake waiting for the maid to come.

I am also surfing the Internet. I am following the U.S. election but find myself having not much to say on the topic because I think all that can be said about it has been said and because it is clear that it has been going on for too long and is tiresome. The result of all the campaign finance reform has been to make the election longer - all the serious candidates have been running for over a year now. And despite the length of the campaign, not much of real substance has been said by the candidates. The election has not been one about issues, but personalities. Looking at the comments made on many articles of endorsement whether for Obama or McCain, I read personal insults but little response to what the articles say.


The wife is telling me to be careful these days because she has heard on the news that there are more robberies and murders in Wuxi these days.


In building and decorating apartment, the Chinese seem to trash things before they finish them. The brand spanking new hallways that we had when we moved in have been permanently defaced by the workers who decorate the apartments. In some apartment buildings, I have heard stories of the decorators leaving all their used materials in the stairwell and that the resulting trash pile never gets thrown away. Thankfully, in our apartment, this cannot be done because the stairwell offers no hiding places.


Real Estate prices are falling big time all over China. I can't see how they won't fall in Wuxi. There is so much building going on here that it looks like severe over development. I reported earlier in this blog of experiencing the eerie feeling of driving by unoccupied tall buildings eclipsing the entire sky at night.


It is now 730 AM. I will take a shower. The maid should arrive around eight.

No comments: