Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Late Night Whatevers and Whatyacallits

  • Tony likes to dance. Tonight, I was watching a DVD I have of The Jam (what terrible taste in music I had in the 1980s) and Tony was grooving along, swinging his arms and shaking his butt. But a better and more civilized story I have to tell you about, if I haven't already, was the time, not too long ago, when I was watching an Astaire and Rogers DVD (awesome stuff and proof of a maturity in my musical taste) when Tony was actually imitating some Astaire dance moves.
  • Back to the Jam DVD. 1980s and early 1990s Andis would have pissed his pants seeing all the clips I saw tonight on the DVD. However, 2008 Andis was bored watching it.
  • Tonight at school, I failed four students. Two of them just didn't do any work for the private class. Another one while actually making sentences for the first time in the two months I have seen him, couldn't ask any follow-up questions. When I asked them "Why?" after they told me a sentence, their shoulders drooped in a "the gig's up" manner. The last student I failed blathered and mumbled words without making coherent sentences. He was then despondent when I failed him.
  • Another student should have been shot. Some people are genuine waste of space.
  • Someone, I was told, asked who is this Andis person who always shows up every time I type Wuxi, China, and ESL in an search engine. He he he. It is good to have some presence.
  • Say what you like about Sarah Palin, but of the four candidates on the two tickets, she is the only one who may have actually done a useful day's work.
  • It rained tonight but my forty minute ride home by Scooter was not so bad. The rain was light and eventually stopped.
  • The hockey season has apparently started and I don't care. Mind you, I stopped getting excited about regular seasons when the NHL had 16 of 21 teams make the playoffs. Now, I can't look at the standings because they are inflating team's won-loss records by rewarding points for games lost in overtime.
  • Is the baseball season finished yet?

No comments: