Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rain, Rain, Rain they tell me. Tony asleep!

One of the students told me tonight that there will be two or three weeks of rain starting today in Wuxi, China.

Another one of my students was telling me about her classmates in high school having abortions and of another young girl having the baby only to sell it off to some province, possibly Guandong, where they would eat it. The others in the class didn't believe the story. They admitted that there is baby trading but to the cannibalism story they could not lend credence.

I definitely believe that it will rain for the next two weeks because I have the long ride to and from work everyday now. It just stands to reason.

Besides that, I really don't have much to say for myself though I will try to make this blog entry longer whether by hook or by crook.

The Montreal Canadiens have been around one hundred years. I wish the Habs the finest of years and I will cheer for them to win the Stanley Cup in 2008-9 (though I won't pay much attention to the NHL till playoff time). If they don't, it will be the first decade (I define a decade as going from the years ending 0 to 9) they didn't win a Cup. I have said before that it ought to be the law they win the Cup every decade.

Remember this 0-bots: The power to tax is the power to destroy.

I have another late start tomorrow so expect WTU 217 to be made and uploaded tomorrow.

This month will be the record month for visits and page views for this blog. I hope that this blog will eventually exceed my other blog which I am ashamed to say is a MSN Spaces blog. I love the look and feel of blogspot.

The election is coming soon I know. I see Slate's poll of its staff has only one person voting for McCain and that person seemed a RINO at best. Appalling. National Review, which doesn't hide its ideological inclinations has more people supporting Obama. You would think Slate could have at least had a 75 - 25 percent split in Obama's favour. Maybe, there is something to be said for the assertion that the MSM has been grossly biased this year.

It boggles my mind that some people think Palin is less qualified to be Vice-President than Obama is to be President. Palin has had real-world experience including executive experience while the best that can be said for Obama is he has a talent for being slick and once was a community organizer.

No comments: