Thursday, October 23, 2008

Many Chinese children don't know their parents' birthdays.

Many Chinese children don't know their parents' birthday because there are two calendars in use in China: the traditional lunar calendar and the solar calendar now used in the West. I can say I don't know my wife's birthday because of the confusion too. I had first thought we both had a birthday in December but then she said her birthday may be some date in February.

There is a war going on in my life to which I am an innocent bystander. Till the clouds of war clear up, there is nothing I can do. And when a truce is declared, the damage may be permanent.

Tony was up early today: 700 AM. He didn't have a nap the rest of the day and was asleep when I arrived home from work at 1000 PM.

It was cold on my electric bike ride home. I am going to have to wear more layers and gloves in the next few months.

I started reading this Louis L'Amour collection of short stories - the Outlaw of the Mesquite - three months ago. I am only halfway through it. My days of reading voraciously are over, as our my bar days (as I said in the previous blog entry). I hope I can remember some of the wisdom I have read and impart it to Tony - not that he would heed it anyway. And I am enjoying the Louis L'Amour novel. I hope the Louis L'Amour who fan who pointed on a mistake I made about him reads this.

My number of daily visitors has been increasing in the past week. Why this should be so is a mystery to me. I don't think I have written anything that interesting. But thank you to all those rare readers who have read this blog.

I received a directive today or rather yesterday to have the trainers talk up the Halloween Party that we are having on the 31st of this month.

I took the bus to work this morning. I saw traffic was jammed on this narrow road with two lanes going either way that the bus takes and was amazed when this motorcycle with wagon full of oranges insisted on going against the flow of traffic. There was nothing for the bus driver to do but honk at the motorcyclist in frustration ; and for me to shake my head in amazement at the maneuvers the Chinese perform in traffic.

My company class in Legris wants to talk about the financial crisis. I will give them the democrat and republican versions.

I am in Wuxi, China. I say this so I can make my google alert for Wuxi, China.

Shadow, a former tutor at HyLite in Wuxi, China got married recently. I am hoping she will send me the studio photos she took before her wedding because she looks quite stunning in them. Shadow is a girl who stands out from all the others I have meet in China. She is unique in her manner.

No comments: