Monday, October 13, 2008

Canadian Election tomorrow. Crossed Legs. Tony out of the hospital soon.

My Canadian Expat friend who follows these things tells me that the Canadian Federal Election will be tomorrow and that the Conservatives will get another minority government. "Who is denying them the majority this time?", I asked, "Ontario?". He told me Quebec.


The space on an Electric bicycle between the steering column and the seat is used for a lot of things. I put my backpack or any else I might need to carry. I have seen people carry their children, industrial supplies, food orders, and other bicycles in that space. And like cars, some people treat their electric bicycle like a moving living room. I have seen people talking on their cell phones will riding, and tonight I saw a man driving with his legs crossed. His one calf rested on the upper thigh of his other leg like he was watching television at home.


Tony is still in the hospital with his mom and his grand mom. Because of work, I am staying in the comfort of our apartment and am earning criticism, justly deserved for doing so. Although because of where the hospital is and where our apartment is, my staying in the apartment is something that I must insist upon. I would too grubby for work if I stayed at the hospital overnight. Though, it looks like I will be staying at the hospital tomorrow night to placate my wife who is bearing the brunt of Tony's troubled last few days. Tony, by the way, is getting his appetite back. He was eating ravenously tonight, the wife told me via phone. He will be out of the hospital in two days or maybe even tomorrow.

I had an eerie experience at the Children's hospital. Tony is now in a third floor room. Yesterday evening, I went to the second floor and experienced the sensation of descending into an ocean of children moaning and crying.

No comments: