Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One more day.

I visited Tony and the wife and my mother-in-law at the hospital this morning. My wife that they will leave the hospital tomorrow morning. So, I will have one more night alone at the apartment.

When I arrived at the hospital, Tony was asleep. Now, every parent wants their young child to sleep as much as possible because it also means they can alsorest. So, it is strange for me to say to a credulous rare reader that I actually wished Tony was awake so I could talk to him. It will probably be the only time I will say this. (unless of course, Tony falls in a coma, so I really mean under normal circumstances, I like to see a healthy Tony asleep)

I have just learned that the Conservatives got a bigger minority government in today's Canadian federal election. So nothing has changed and the government Canada has will continue to be center-right at the best of times but more than likely center-left. Prime Minister Harper has been a disappointment to conservatives. When the left-wingers at work say they respect him, you know he is not being conservative at all.

No comments: